Wednesday, December 26, 2012

New Year Listings and Goals

The coming new year will bring with it a new fervor for my shop! I hope to list often again, with more unique finds in pale lovely colors. I may start listing things in the children's genre, such as vintage children's books and fabrics - whimsy things (something along the lines of The Little Prince, First Edition. And a vintage Snow White handkerchief).

Did I mention that already?

Anyway, I have a few kitchen utensils that will be going up in my shop in this new year ahead of us. An egg beater in a wonderful aqua/jadite green shade with black and cream stripes. Shabby Deco I shall call it! I look forward to the push I am going to implement to my shop.

But, please don't forget that it is not my first priority. As much as I want to give my full attention and dedication to it, my number one priority and goal is my writing. I have written a novel this year and I am currently working on editing it. I admit, I have not worked on it at all this past month, December has been busy and distracting as much as it has been fun and wonderful. But, time to get back to the grindstone, the grindstone I call work. That is to say, my job is my writing, I want to be a writer and so I need to write. I have story ideas I would like to attempt to make short stories, but first and foremost is the novel I am currently working on. I am VERY excited about it. I can't wait to really get into editing it. I thought December was going to be my big month for it, but I was so wrong. On to January! The month of my editing!

I don't know how long it's going to take, but I think it will take a long while. I have a lot of work to do on it. The first round of editing is going to be a real hack job! Then there will be edit rounds after that, until it's polished to near perfection! The grammar will be great, the story and plot will make sense and move smoothly, the characters develop well, and it all make sense. Mostly, I want to be proud of it. I want to send it to publishers feeling hopeful.

That is my ultimate goal of 2013.

But, I have bills to pay and will need other hobbies. I can't let one thing I love become my entire life. Etsy will help with that. I also got a bow and arrows for my birthday and am very excited to get into that. A healthy new hobbie to try. I also go snow shoes for this winter season, how fun is that?!

I wouldn't call this a resolution. I just have plans and goals for this new year. I had them for this past year as well, things sometimes move more slowly than wanted. It's kind of to be expected too, though.

Since I'm talking about goals for 2013 I might as well point out I hope to lose at least 30 pounds this coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment