Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Getting back into the swing of things...

Or at least pretending to get back into the swing of things. I guess I just love the idea of me blogging on a somewhat regular basis. With cool new things to talk about and really nice pictures to show the cool new things in which I talk about...

The truth is, I work part time and the rest of the time I think about looking for a more career/professional job, but I never have luck with that and so it's hard to keep looking.

Most of you probably don't know, I'm 23 years old. I graduated from Michigan State University in 2010 with a degree in sociology and communications. I got married to my Englishman in October of 2010 which was a huge ordeal. Getting him here on a fiance visa and then getting his green card took over a year and a whole hell of a lot of cash.

Things are looking good now though. We've moved out of my parents, which I am forever grateful for all the help they gave. Between lending us the money to move my husband here and supporting us while we were getting ourselves on our feet, they have been our complete and utter backbone.

Now we're in cool city not far from my family, we both got part time jobs. Then James, my husband, got a career job at the Detroit Free-press (technically the Detroit Media Partnership) and he's bringing in the bacon now! I am so proud of him. We got a kitten and now I'm trying to work on my etsy, this blog, and of course a real career job.

This wasn't meant to become a super personal post, but I guess I just needed to get all of that out! I don't want this blog to be one big promoter for my etsy! I want this to be ME.

Hope to post again soon and regularly!

No comments:

Post a Comment